Rotary feeders, also known as Rotary Airlocks
or Rotary Valves, are commonly used in industrial and agricultural applications as a component in a bulk or specialty material handling system. Rotary feeders are primarily used for discharge of bulk solid material from hoppers/bins, receivers, and cyclones.
Components of a rotary feeder include a rotor shaft, housing, head plates, and packing seals and bearings. Rotors have large vanes cast or welded on and are typically driven by electric motors or small engines.
The basic use of the rotary airlock feeder is as an airlock transition point, sealing pressurized systems against loss of air or gas while maintaining a flow of material between components with different pressure and suitable for air lock applications ranging from gravity discharge of filters, rotary valves, cyclone dust collectors, and rotary airlock storage devices to precision feeders for dilute phase and continuous dense phase pneumatic convey systems.
As a volumetric feeder rotary airlock valves are also widely used as volumetric feeders for metering materials at precise flow rates from bins, hoppers, or silos onto conveying or processing systems.
Industries requiring this type include cement, asphalt, chemical, mining, plastics, food, etc.
Features & Benefits
We provide assurance of precise alignment and fast installation when replacing valves.
- Standard models available from 0.5 hp to 5 hp capacities. Customized models and above 5 hp shall be made as per requirement.
- Valve housing casted and ensures superior strength and solidification of housing's metallurgy.
- Precise machined components and housing eliminates axial shaft movement, fouling of rotor which extends maintenance cycles.
- Outboard bearing design protects bearings in high-temperature applications; removes bearings from direct path of damaging contaminants.
- Optimum and large shaft diameter eliminates rotor deflection; reduces rotor tip wear and bearing seal leakage.
- Excellent performance in high-temperature applications up to 750of.
- Cast iron housing and ms rotor.
- 6 vane rotor with beveled tips and sides.
- Flush nozzles are arranged for special applications to clean of stuck up materials by flushing with compressed air or solvents without dismantle.
- 304 or 316 cast stainless steel valve housing.
- Chrome plating
- Hardened steel and stainless steel rotor tip
- Shaft seals and wear strips are included to save flanges and eliminate pressure loss.
- 8-vane or 10-vane rotor.